Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"Buying into the Green Movement" (rhetorical analysis)

Basically I am going to write about my thoughts on this article and why I chose to do my rhetorical analysis on it. When I first read this article I automatically loved it. I love reading articles about environmentalism. It can really get me going. Another reason why I liked it was because it was a fresh perspective that I have never heard of or thought about. Most articles I have read have been telling me to buy green products, but this article showed me that the real solution is just buying/consuming less! Lastly, another reason why I chose this article was I feel like I fit perfectly into the audience, which could help me better analyze the effectiveness of his argument. Although overall I really enjoyed this article, it has some flaws that harmed the article, in my opinion. I felt like he started out saying that buying green products aren't saving the Earth, as you read on he says that it is a good thing that Walmart has given their customers the option to buy green products. Then he confuses his audience even more by telling them that they can't really make a difference on their own. To make a difference, there needs to be some type of political action. All in all I really liked the article, but the end really threw me off, feeling a little confused and not knowing what the next step to take should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment