Thursday, February 2, 2012

Immigration

I really liked the article we read in our "Globalization" book called "Immigration is about us" by Mark H. Willes. I liked how he took more of a comprehensive stance. He wasn't trying to single anyone out, but he was trying to get Utahns on the same page with this issue. We have talked about in class that the point of rhetoric is to get people on the same page as you, and that is what he did. He said that we can all agree that we want to get rid of the illegal "thugs and drug dealers", but that we also want to give those who want to be "contributing members of society" a chance to do so. I full heartedly agree with this statement. I have never heard of it put that way. I have only ever heard the options: 1.Let them all stay or 2.deport them all. This article really opened my mind to different options when it comes to immigration. He addresses the fact that this solution easier said than done. He says that Utah should be bold and show the rest of the country how immigration should be dealt with.

No comments:

Post a Comment