Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What I Have Learned

I have learned so much in this class. For starters I learned that I am a better writer than I thought I was, but I know that through this course my writing has improved immensely. From doing the op ed I learned how I can argue about an issue and persuade others to agree with me. I learned how important it is to show the other side of the argument to persuade your audience. I also learned how important it is to brainstorm about your audience before you start writing. From the rhetorical analysis I learned how important it is to look at at rhetoric critically. This helped me learn how to analyze an argument and understand why the author said the things he said. I think this is very important because for the rest of my life I am going to be reading things and it will be important to understand these things for me to make a good judgement about what I should believe and what I shouldn't. From the issues paper I learned how to do good research. I learned that I can find reliable sources to find answers to my questions about certain topics. I also learned that all issues are complex and their is never one easy answer to anything. From the multimodal assignment I am learning how important visual rhetoric is. It is all around us and it is important to understand why designers choose to put certain things on their posters. Overall this class has been a great positive learning experience. Thanks Mrs. Radley!

No comments:

Post a Comment